Chicken Curry Salad
By Cheryl Coleman
There used to be a local deli that served a really great Chicken Curry Salad. Unfortunately they've closed. I've tried to recreate their dish and think this is pretty close to the mark.
- 3 Whole (6 split) chicken breasts, bone-in, skin-on
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Golden Raisins (or dried cranberries)
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- 3 Stalks Celery, chopped very small
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup dry white wine
- 1/4 Cup Chutney
- 3 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan and rub the skin with olive oil.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes, until just cooked.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Remove meat from the bones, discard the skin, and dice the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Add raisins, onions and celery to the chicken and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, wine, chutney and\'a0curry powder.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and gently toss to combine. Chill for several hours, or overnight.
- Toast the almonds in a small dry skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant and beginning to turn golden, 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
Serve salad over mixed greens. Before serving, sprinkle with the toasted almonds. Pairs well with a nice crusty French bread. Serves six.