Miracle Cheese Cake
By Cheryl Coleman
Looking for a dessert for your Easter dinner (or other occasion)? Here's a recipe that is easy and tastes great! I got this recipe from my supervising teacher back in 1970 when I did my student teaching in Home Economics. I've been making it and sharing the recipe ever since to great reviews!
- 1 (3oz) package Lemon Jello
- 1 C Boiling water
- 3 T Lemon juice
- 1 (8 oz,) package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 t Vanilla
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can Evaporated Milk
- 1 pound Graham Crackers, crushed
- 1/2 C Butter, melted
- Pour Evaporated Milk into container and freeze until ice crystals form.
- Dissolve Jello in boiling water and add lemon juice. Set aside until cool.
- In separate bowl add melted butter to Graham Crackers and mix. Pack 2/3 of the mixture in the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 dish. Reserve remaining crumbs for topping.
- Cream together Cream Cheese, Sugar and Vanilla. Add cooled Jello and mix well.
- In large bowl using electric mixer whip Evaporated Milk until thick, fold into Jello mixture.
- Pour filling onto crust and top with reserved crumbs.
- Chill 6 hours or overnight.
Makes 12 large servings.