This page is intended to be a free resource that Guns and Shooting Online members can use to voluntarily and on their own recognizance exchange, buy or sell hunting opportunities, firearms and related accessories. The idea is that members from diverse locales can broaden their hunting and shooting fun by buying, selling and trading with other members.
Guns and Shooting Online receives no profit or commission of any kind from any deals that are made and accepts no responsibility for any transaction or for mistakes in any ad. This page is offered merely as a member service by Guns and Shooting Online.
Here are the items currently being offered for sale or trade:
- Books For Sale: The River Road Santa Clara Volunteer Library in Eugene, Oregon is offering for sale 43 volumes of the NRA Firearms Classic Library. The River Road Santa Clara Volunteer Library is a 501 (c) 3 organization. All volumes are bound in leather with gilt edges and decorations. They are in like new condition. A list of all the titles in the NRA library may be seen HERE. To inquire about specific titles, price and availability, please email Cheryl Coleman, Head Librarian, at email@example.com [02/01/2015]
Here are the services and hunting opportunities currently being offered for sale or trade:
Here are the items wanted by members:
- Wanted: Greek military Mannlicher-Schoenauer Carbine. Prefer Model 1903/14/30, but will consider others. E-mail Rocky Hays at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 541-343-4659. [10/01/2015]
Want to place a free ad on this page? Here's how:
- If you are a Guns and Shooting Online Member you may send your proposed advertisement to this e-mail address: email@example.com Please put "CLASSIFIED AD" in the Subject line of your e-mail so that it gets routed to the right person.
- DO NOT include attachments or graphics of any kind in your e-mail. These things slow down our e-mail and often contain viruses. All e-mail with attachments or graphics is immediately deleted.
- To verify your Guns and Shooting Online membership and submit an ad, you must include your first name, last name and user name as they appear in our admin system. (We need them to verify that you are a Member before we post your ad.)
- Write your proposed ad as you would write a classified ad for a newspaper and please keep it brief. Use proper spelling, punctuation and capitalization. DO NOT use abbreviations, we will not post "text message" type ads. Clearly state what you want or are offering and whether you are looking for a sale or a trade or will accept trades. Please get it right the first time, we don't have time to go back and make changes once the ad is posted. Your name, e-mail address and a telephone number where you may be reached are required.
Here is an example of a hypothetical riflescope for sale:
"Used Leupold VX-III 2.5-8x36mm riflescope with duplex reticle, matte black finish. Approximately two years old. Has been mounted; finish in 98% condition, optically perfect. $300; will accept trades. E-mail John Doe at: jd@john_doe.net or telephone: 555-555-5555."
Here is an example of a hypothetical hunt trade proposal:
"Feral hog hunt on south Texas ranch. Use available blinds or still hunt. Bunkhouse accomodations included, but must provide own meals. No closed season. A Texas hunting license is required. (Texas non-resident hunting licenses are readily available.) Would like to trade for Midwest pheasant hunt. To reply e-mail John Doe at: jd@john_doe.net or telephone: 555-555-5555."
Some simple rules
- A member may place up to a maximum of three classified ads. (If you want to have a "garage sale," have it at your place, not ours.)
- All sales or trades must be legal, ethical and as described. All transactions are on the honor system and must be made in good faith.
- Shipping charges on merchandise sold are the responsibility of the seller unless it is clearly specified otherwise in the ad.
- Keep your classified ad relevant to the interests of mainstream Guns and Shooting Online readers. We are not accepting ads for beef jerky, leather flight jackets, WW II German helmets, vitamin supplements, Russian wives, etc. Your ad must be reasonable, relevant and legitimate to be accepted. We reserve the right to edit your proposal for clarity and brevity.
- Anyone selling, trading or buying a firearm must be at least 21 years of age. Minors are specifically prohibited. All firearms shipped out of state MUST be sent to an FFL dealer and the seller/shipper must have a copy of the destination dealer's FFL in hand prior to shipping. Please obey the law; anyone who doesn't will be banned from this page.
- Any merchandise that changes hands must have at least a three day inspection and return period (at buyer's expense, of course). "No harm, no foul" will be the policy.
- Anyone participating in a sale or trade with a fellow member needs to keep in mind that things don't always work out as planned. A successful hunt can never be guaranteed, the theoretically "perfect" rifle, shotgun or scope may not actually meet your real world needs, and so forth.
- Use care and discretion in the selection of a purchase or trade. We are all adults here and hopefully have learned to avoid unrealistic expectations.
- If you offer a trade or sale on this page you must provide a valid name, e-mail address and telephone number where you can be contacted directly. Support@chuckhawks.com does not have the personnel or facilities to serve as a message service. Nor are we able to serve as brokers in the event of a dispute.
- Classifieds will run at the discretion of the Managemant of Guns and Shooting Online for 90 days or until the product is sold, traded, or whatever. It is the responsibility of the advertiser to notify Guns and Shooting Online when the ad should be withdrawn.
There is no charge for placing an advertisement on this page. The staff and management of Guns and Shooting Online is not hereby offering any type of commercial service, but rather just a place for members to exchange hunting opportunities, goods and services.
Chuck Hawks, chuckhawks.com and the staff and management of Guns and Shooting Online accept no legal or other liability or responsibility of any kind for anything advertised or offered on this page. It is up to the parties involved to work out all of the details and obligations involved in any sale or trade to their mutual satisfaction.
In other words, you must take full responsibility for your actions. If you are not happy with whatever you purchased or received in trade or--for that matter--if you received nothing at all, it is not our problem.
Credit where credit is due
The idea for a "hunt trade page" was originally proposed by Ed Turner and a general "Buy, Sell, Trade page" was proposed by Richard Bowlin. All who visit here owe them a debt of gratitude.
Back to G&S Online Home
Copyright 2007, 2016 by chuckhawks.com. All rights reserved.