MAIN DISH THREE BEAN SALAD
By Cheryl Coleman
Three bean salad has been a popular side dish for many years. How about elevating it to main dish status by the addition of hard cooked eggs and cheese? This simple change will turn a family favorite side into a hearty, meatless main course.
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz. Colby cheese, cubed
- 4 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup purchased cucumber ranch salad dressing
- 3 hard cooked eggs
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except eggs and dressing; toss to mix.
- Add the salad dressing and toss again.
- Peel eggs and slice.
- Top salad with egg slices and serve.