BACON CREAM CHEESE BITES
By Cheryl Coleman
If you are putting together an appetizer table for a gathering, cocktail party, tail gate, etc. it's good to have a variety of choices. One of my favorites uses refrigerated crescent rolls and cream cheese. They are easily prepared and could even be assembled the day before, then freshly baked for your event.
- 4 oz. tub style Cream Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1/2 Cup finely grated cheese (Cheddar, Parmesan, etc.; your choice)
- 6 strips Bacon, crisply cooked and finely chopped
- 1 tube (8 oz.) refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine cream cheese and dressing mix.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; press perforations to seal.
- Spread on cream cheese and sprinkle with grated cheese and bacon.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Wrap in parchment paper or saran wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. If you're pressed for time, place in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- When the roll is firm, using a serrated knife, cut into 1/2 inch slices and place on an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Makes 24 pieces. These are so tasty you will probably find you want to make two batches!