Parmesan Baked Fish
By Cheryl Coleman
Interested in adding more fish to your meals? Here's a quick, easy and nutritious way to do just that.
- 3/4 C Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 C Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Thyme
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/8 tsp. Paprika
- 3/4 C Nonfat or 1% Milk
- 2 pounds Fish Fillets (Try any white fish; halibut works well)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, thyme, onion powder and paprika.
- Place crumbs on a flat pate, or sheet of wax paper.
- Dip fish into milk and then press into the crumb mixture to coat all sides. Discard left over crumbs and milk.
- Place fish on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake until fish is opaque and flakes easily in the thickest part, about 15 minutes depending on thickness of the fish.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Makes eight servings. Leftover cooked fish can be used in fish tacos, or added to salads.