BAKED PARMESAN SHRIMP
By Cheryl Coleman
Oven baked parmesan shrimp is an elegant dish that can be served either as an appetizer or a main dish. It is easy to make and takes only minutes to prepare. If you serve it as an appetizer, leave the tails on and provide small plates for each guest.
If you have it for a main dish, compete your meal with a baked potato and a nice green salad. Remember to put your potatoes in the oven well in advance, as this dish takes only minutes to bake.
- 1-1/2 pounds large to extra large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Butter, melted
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, paprika and salt. Toss to coat shrimp.
- Arrange the shrimp on a baking sheet layering them flat and close together.
- In a bowl, mix the panko crumbs with the butter, Parmesan and black pepper.
- Sprinkle this mixture over the shrimp and pat lightly.
- Place dish in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until shrimp is cooked and crumbs are lightly browned.
Serves four as a main dish.