By Cheryl Coleman
Have an event coming up where you need to feed a bunch of people, but don't have a lot of time for preparation? This easy dish is a great crowd pleaser!
With only about 30 minutes of preparation time, you will have the basis for a tasty meal. It can be assembled up to 24 hours ahead and refrigerated, then baked when needed. Add a tossed salad and some crusty French bread and you are good to go.
- 1 package (12 oz.) Spaghetti
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 pound lean Ground Beef (or a combination of ground beef and Italian turkey sausage)
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 jar (32 oz.) Marinara Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 (16 oz.) container Ricotta Cheese
- 3 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 2 Cups sliced Mushrooms, optional
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium high heat.
- Add the beef and mushrooms, if using, and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until meat is browned.
- Add the marinara sauce and Italian seasoning, stir to combine and cook 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cook spaghetti according to the package directions, drain, rinse and shake well to remove excess water.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, Parmesan cheese and melted butter.
- Add the drained spaghetti and toss to combine.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- Top with half of the ricotta cheese, meat sauce and Mozzarella cheese; repeat layers.
- Cover with foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray. **
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for 10 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
**This is the point where you can refrigerate for later baking. If you do, add 20 minutes to the initial baking time before removing foil and continuing baking.