Banana Split Pie
By Cheryl Coleman
The flavors in this light dessert evoke visions of the "real thing"! It's something we can enjoy without consuming all those empty calories. (From Cooking Healthy with a Man in Mind by JoAnna Lund.)
- 1 (6oz.) Keebler chocolate piecrust
- 1 cup sliced banana
- 1 cup ( one 8-oz. can) canned crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice, drained
- 1 (4-serving) package Jell-O sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 3/4 cup Cool Whip Lite
- 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- 4 maraschino cherries, halved
- Place sliced bananas in piecrust. Sprinkle drained crushed pineapple over sliced bananas.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry pudding mix and milk. Mix well using a wire whisk.
- Pour pudding mixture over fruit. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Sprinkle sliced strawberries over set pudding.
- Spread Cool Whip LIte evenly over strawberries.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup over Cool Whip Lite.
- Garish top evenly with maraschino cherry halves. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Serves eight. Hint: For a firmer pie, substitute 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder and 1-1/3 cups water for 2 cups skim milk.