Bean Burrito Bake
By Cheryl Coleman
Over thirty years ago this recipe was the winner in a Bisquick baking contest. They published the recipe in their little booklets for several years, but I haven't seen it in print in a long time. I think it is well worth a revival.
- 1 16 oz. can Refried Beans
- 1 Cup Bisquick
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Pound Ground Meat, Beef or Turkey work well
- 1 Cup Thick Salsa
- 1-1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown Ground Meat and drain, if necessary.
- Mix Refried Beans, Bisquick and water together and spread in the bottom and up the sides of a 10 inch, deep, pie plate.
- Top with cooked Ground Meat, Salsa and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- Top with your favorite garnishes, such as diced tomatoes, diced avocado, sliced black olives and sour cream.
Eight servings. This recipe can easily be doubled and baked in a 9x13 inch baking dish to serve a crowd. Makes a great potluck dish!