Cranberry Walnut Breakfast Cookies
By Cheryl Coleman
These tasty little morsels make a great grab and go breakfast. Pair with a glass of milk, juice, or a cup of coffee and you have a nutritious start to your day.
- 2-3/4 Cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 3/4 Cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground Ginger
- 15 ounce Can Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Blend dry ingredients.
- Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs and applesauce.
- Add to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto sprayed cookie sheet about one inch apart and gently press the top.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
For a "freshly baked" experience out of the cupboard, pop the cookie in the microwave for 10 seconds. Enjoy!