Easy Chicken Alfredo
By Cheryl Coleman
Looking for another way to get vegetables into your family's diet? Try this simple chicken pasta dish. It cooks in about half an hour. For a lighter version, you may use nonfat or 1% milk and reduced fat cheese.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 T Oil
- 2 T Flour
- 1 3/4 C Chicken Broth
- 1 3/4 C Milk
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Basil
- Salt & Pepper (optional)
- 3 C Dry Penne Pasta
- 2 C Broccoli, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1 C grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil.
- Add flour, broth, milk, spices and pasta to skillet and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer until pasta is almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli, cover and cook until broccoli is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
Serves eight. Enjoy!