NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE COCONUT COOKIES
By Cheryl Coleman
I think this recipe has been around forever! I can remember coming home from elementary school to find a fresh batch of these cookies in the kitchen and that was over 50 years ago. These are just the right sweet treat for summertime, when turning on the oven isn't always an enjoyable option.
- 3 Cups quick cooking Oats
- 1 Cup shredded sweetened Coconut
- 1 stick Butter
- 2 Cups granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine oats and coconut until well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat, combine butter, sugar, cocoa, milk and salt. Bring to a boil and continue to boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over oats and coconut and stir until well combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto wax paper. (A quick release ice cream scoop works well.)
- Allow to cool.
Store in an airtight container. The cookies also freeze well. Yield: About 24 cookies.