Slow Cooker Cowboy Ravioli
By Cheryl Coleman
One of our favorite local pizza combinations is called "The Cowboy," but keeping an eye on calories, we don't indulge too often. In an effort to replicate the flavor profile we enjoy while minding calories a bit, I created what I call "Cowboy Ravioli." To simplify things, I prepare it in the slow cooker.
- 1 pound Turkey or Chicken Sausage (I use Foster Farms Mild Italian Turkey Sausage, removing the casing before browning)
- 5 oz. package Turkey Pepperoni
- 6.5 oz. can sliced Mushrooms, drained
- 2.25 oz. can sliced Black Olives, drained
- 14.5 oz. can Italian style diced Tomatoes with juice
- 24-30 oz. jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 25 oz. bag of frozen Ravioli
- 1 C Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 C Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Brown sausage and Drain, if necessary.
- Add tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, olives and mushrooms.
- Place in slow cooker.
- Add frozen ravioli and stir to coat.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Top with cheeses 1/2 hour before serving.
Serve with a tossed green salad and warm garlic bread. Enjoy!