EASY FRIED RICE
By Cheryl Coleman
This tasty dish is often ordered as a take out selection, but you can easily and quickly make it at home. This version uses shrimp as the main protein, but if your family prefers something else you can substitute diced chicken or pork pieces.
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, divided
- 4 large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Cups cold cooked Rice, Brown or White
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen Mixed Vegetables, thawed
- 1 lb. uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder, or 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
- Add beaten eggs.
- As eggs set, lift edges to let uncooked portion flow underneath; continue until eggs are completely cooked.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet. Add the rice and remaining ingredients.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Chop cooked eggs into small pieces and return to the pan with the rice mixture.
- Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Serve with Soy Sauce for garnish. Serves eight.