QUICK FRUIT BARS
By Cheryl Coleman
In need of a quick dessert or perhaps just want a sweet treat? Give this easy recipe a try!
- 1 Cup Butter, softened
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 3 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cans (21 oz. each) Pie Filling--Cherry or Blueberry
- 1 Cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons Milk
- Grease or coat a 15" x 10" x 1" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and granulated sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in extracts.
- Combine flour and salt, then add to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- Spread 3 cups of the batter into the prepared pan. Top with the pie filling. Drop the remaining batter by teaspoonfuls onto the top of the fruit.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle it over the pan.
- Cut into bars.
Makes five dozen (60) bars.