Spring Greek Pasta Salad
By Cheryl Coleman
The anticipation of nice weather makes me want to start bringing out salads for dinner. One of my favorites comes from the 2016 edition of the Taste of Home Annual Recipes. This pasta salad is a satisfying meatless entree, but for an even heartier dish, add grilled chicken or shrimp.
Ingredients - Pasta
- 4 cups rotini or other spiral pasta (about 12 ounces)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh oregano, or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
Ingredients - Salad
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small red onion halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water and drain well.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, vinegar, water, garlic, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Stir in oregano.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, vegetables and olives. Add vinaigrette and cheese; toss to combine.
- Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Prep time: 30 minutes. Makes 16 servings.