By Cheryl Coleman
A light, lemon dessert after a big meal is a welcome taste treat. This recipe has a crispy shortbread crust topped with light and fluffy layers of tangy lemon and creamy goodness. It was shared with me years ago and I have enjoyed serving it to rave reviews ever since.
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 3 cups milk
- 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) instant lemon pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut butter into flour until crumbly.
- Press into un-greased 13x9 inch baking dish and bake until light brown, 18-22 minutes.
- Cool pan on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping and spread over cooled crust.
- Beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Carefully spread over cream cheese layer.
- Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.