Creamy Macaroni Salad
By Cheryl Coleman
A macaroni salad is always a good side dish for a picnic or barbecue. This one is simple and quickly prepared.
- 1/2 Cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup light sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Cups large elbow multigrain pasta, cooked until tender
- 1-1/2 Cups diced celery
- 1 Cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 Cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 Cup chopped green onion
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture and gently stir until well mixed.
Refrigerate and serve chilled.