CRISPY PARMESAN FISH
By Cheryl Coleman
Panko, or Japanese breadcrumbs, are the secret to creating this delicious Parmesan fish dish. Panko have jagged edges, a more flaky consistency and a coarser texture than regular breadcrumbs. This results in a lighter and crisper coating. They are the perfect ingredient for oven frying recipes.
- 1/2 Cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- 1-1/2 pounds White Fish (such as Cod, Halibut or Tilapia)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine the panko, Parmesan, garlic salt and pepper. Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Lightly coat the fish with cooking spray and roll in crumb mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place the fish on the baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes, turning once half way through, or until fish is golden brown and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Serve with lemon slices for an added zest. Enjoy!