Long Grain and Wild Rice Salad
By Cheryl Coleman
This recipe takes advantage of packaged rice mix to easily put together a delicious salad that is perfect for cook-outs, or pot luck gatherings. It can just as easily be transformed into a main dish entree by the addition of two cups of cooked, diced chicken or shrimp.
- 2 (4 oz.) boxes of Long Grain and Wild Rice mix
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Marinated Artichokes, drained
- 1 (8 oz.) jar Marinated Mushrooms, drained
- 12 large green, pimento stuffed, Olives, sliced
- 2-3 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered Almonds, toasted
- 1/4-1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- While rice is cooling, chop the artichokes and tomatoes, and slice the olives.
- Toast the almonds by placing them in a dry skillet and heating over medium high heat until light golden brown, about five minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss to mix.
- Add the salad dressing to coat, using the amount you desire.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
This is a great dish to make a day in advance, as the flavors mingle with time. Serves 8-10.