ONE POT SAUSAGE AND RICE DINNER
By Cheryl Coleman
Looking for a quick entree? This one pot meal is easy to put together and provides just the right amount of zip for a tasty dinner. Add a tossed salad and some crusty French bead and you've got a winner.
- 1 Green Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound fully cooked Smoked Sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1-1/2 Cups Water
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) diced Tomatoes with chilies, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounce) Spanish rice with vermicelli and seasoning packet
- 1 can (2.25 ounce) can sliced Black Olives
- 1/8 Teaspoon black Pepper
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper, celery and onion in oil until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
Makes four servings, enjoy!