QUICK SHEPHERD'S PIE
By Cheryl Coleman
You can never have too many quick, tasty and easy to make casseroles in your recipe arsenal. This version of Shepherd's Pie fits all of those requirements. Not only is it a great one dish family meal, it also makes a good pot luck offering. By varying the meat and vegetable choices you are able to tailor it to your family's taste preferences.
- 2 pounds Ground Meat (Beef, Chicken, Turkey--I've even used Moose!)
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon each Salt and Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1-1/2 Cups frozen Peas and Carrots
- 1/2 Cup frozen Corn
- 1 can condensed Cream of Soup (Chicken, Mushroom, or Celery)
- 2 (4 oz.) envelopes Idahoan Instant Mashed Potatoes (any flavor)
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, crumble ground meat and add onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook until meat is browned; drain grease.
- Add condensed soup, Worcestershire sauce, oregano and veggies; stir to combine and heat through.
- Spread meat veggie mixture in prepared baking dish.
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions.
- Spread on top of meat veggie mixture and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.