Hot Taco Dip
By Cheryl Coleman
Footballs are flying and it's time to start thinking about game day eats! Pizza is a logical choice, but there are lots of other options to enjoy, as well. Here is a lightened version of a popular taco flavored dip.
- 16 oz. can fat free refried beans
- 8 oz. package Philadelphia 1/3 less fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 12 oz. jar salsa
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups reduced fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Suggested Garnishes: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, green onions, chopped ripe olives, chopped avocado, sour cream, tortilla chips
- Lightly spray slow cooker insert with cooking spray; spread refried beans in insert.
- Combine cream cheese and sour cream, spread over beans in slow cooker.
- Brown turkey in skillet, breaking up clumps of meat as it browns.
- Add taco seasoning and salsa into browned meat, stirring well to combine.
- Spoon mixture over cream cheese and bean base.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over top.
- Cover and cook on low one to two hours, or until cheese is melted.
Serve with tortilla chips and garnishes.