By Cheryl Coleman
Our favorite take and bake pizza spot only offers taco pizza for a short time each year. Since this is one combination that we really enjoy I came up with a recipe that will allow us to have it whatever time of the year it is.
- 1 (13.8 oz.) can refrigerated Pizza Crust
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 envelope Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 (16 oz.) can Refried Beans
- 3/4 Cup Black Olives, sliced
- 3/4 Cup Salsa
- 2 Cups Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded
- 2 medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Cup Lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Avocado, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large frypan cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning and water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, set aside.
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet according to package instructions.
- Combine beans and salsa. Spread over prepared crust.
- Top with beef mixture, olives and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and top with lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream.
Slice and enjoy!