Tater Tot Breakfast Bake
By Cheryl Coleman
This dish is called a Breakfast Bake but would really be suitable for any meal. It's quick and nutritious.
- 1 C Bisquick
- 2 C Milk
- 1/4 t Pepper
- 1 t Salt
- 6 Eggs
- 1 lb. Meat*, cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 C shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 C Tater Tots
- 1/2 lb cooked, crumbled Bacon
- 1 C (or more if you're a cheese fan!) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 small can sliced Mushrooms
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- Ketchup, if desired
*Meat: I used mild Italian turkey sausage with the cases removed. This will work just as well with other meats such as ham, bacon or whatever you like.
- Heat oven to 400. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place cooked, cooled meat in baking dish. Top with optional olives and mushrooms if using. Top with first cheese (be as liberal as you like!).
- In large bowl, stir Bisquick, milk, salt, pepper and eggs until blended. Pour into baking dish.
- Place frozen Tater Tots in a single layer on un-greased large cookie sheet with sides.
- Place both baking dishes in oven and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove dishes from oven and place Tater Tots on top of Bisquick bake. Top with second amount of cheese and crumbled bacon. Return to oven and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 5 minutes before serving. Top with Ketchup if desired.