TURKEY TAMALE PIE
By Cheryl Coleman
Still have some of that post-Thanksgiving turkey that needs to be used? Give this version of a tamale pie a try.
- 2 Cups diced, cooked turkey
- 1 can (4.5 oz.) chopped Green Chiles, drained
- 2 Teaspoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 Cup Bisquick Baking Mix
- 1/2 Cup Cornmeal
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 can (11 oz.) whole kernel Corn with red and green peppers, drained
- Shredded lettuce, sliced black olives, sour cream and salsa, if desired
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 9-inch pie plate, stir turkey, chiles and taco seasoning until mixed; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, cornmeal, milk, egg and corn until blended.
- Pour over turkey mixture and cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in topping comes out clean.
- To serve, cut into wedges and top with lettuce, olives, sour cream and salsa.
Makes 6 servings.