Veggie Macaroni Salad
By Cheryl Coleman
There are many variations of macaroni salad and this is just one of them. It's a great dish to take to potluck gatherings, because it travels well. It can also be turned into a heartier pasta dish by the addition of cooked turkey, chicken or ham.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 hard cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl combine all of the salad ingredients and gently toss to mix.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients.
- Pour over salad mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Yield: 10 servings