The Future of the United States is at Stake
By Dr. Jim and Mary Clary with William Rogers, LTC (ret.)
We have always questioned whether it is wise to cast your vote based on a single issue that a candidate represents. This is not, however, the case in the upcoming election. At no other time in our history has our Constitution and its Bill of Rights faced the prospect of being so misinterpreted or outright disregarded, depending on the outcome of a presidential election.
Granted, the economy, jobs, illegal immigration and national security are important issues, but maintaining our Constitutional civil rights guarantees are the only best way to properly address those problems. Without those guarantees, we become nothing more than another 3rd world country, beset by chronic unrest.
We will grant you that Donald Trump is not the perfect candidate, for no one is. That said, he stands for maintaining our individual Constitutional rights, including the 2nd Amendment.
Hillary Clinton has publicly stated that the Supreme Court of the United States got it wrong with their D.C. v. Heller decision. If elected, Hillary Clinton will appoint justices (at least one and perhaps more) that will allow the Supreme Court to overturn D.C. v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago, and to limit the application of the Second Amendment to government militias (e.g. the various state National Guards). Then, of course, our personal Second Amendment Civil Rights to keep and to bear firearms will go out the window.
Do not be fooled by the rhetoric of the Marxists/liberals/progressives (Clinton, Pelosi, Bloomberg, the Brady bunch, et. al.), when they say "sensible gun control." What they intend is firearms only in the possession of the police, military and political elite. They will always be able to get waivers or permits for their minions, but you and I, ordinary people, will not.
Around the country and the nation, the progressives and liberals are attacking our Second Amendment rights at every opportunity. From California to Washington DC and even in Texas, our Second Amendment civil rights and shooting traditions are on the defensive. The major media outlets, such as NBC, CBS, CNN and ABC, are controlled by liberals and willingly advance the radical Socialist agenda. Long ago, the main stream media abrogated their role as unbiased news reporters to become nothing more than propaganda machines for the political elite.
We predict that if they get their candidate (Clinton) elected in the November election, it will be less than a year before the 2nd Amendment is gutted. Then will come the demise of the 1st Amendment. The rest of our traditional Constitutional Civil Rights will fall as dominos. At no time in our lives have we believed that the survival of our country and nation has been so threatened by a single Presidential candidate.
Maybe you do not like everything Donald Trump is saying, but remember, he does respect our Constitution, as opposed to Hillary Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama (who has publicly stated that our Constitution is "a flawed document"). If you value your traditional freedoms and you want to continue to live in the greatest country in the world, think very carefully about for whom you will vote this coming November. The future of our Constitution, freedoms and country are at stake.
As a refresher (we can all use refreshment from time to time), our Bill of Rights is listed below. The ten original Amendments, the Bill of Rights, was passed by Congress September 25, 1789 and ratified December 15, 1791.
1. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
2. A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
3. No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
4. The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
5. No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
6. In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.
7. In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.
8. Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
9. The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
10. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Copyright 2016 by Dr. Jim Clary and/or chuckhawks.com. All rights reserved.